Monday, April 19, 2010

Bali - Legian Part 2


After DWD I headed back to The Island to relax and finish the work hand-off. Most of the people at the hostel were new except for the staff. I got a bed in the dorm and settled into a routine of working out, yoga, eating, and working. I also had to go to the US consulate in Bali to get new pages for my passport. The first time I went Edwin and I took a taxi, but the second time I took a ride from a guy on the back of a motorcycle. It was a bit exhilarating to be driving on the left side of the road on a small motorcycle, surrounded by other motorcycles and cars. I got my passport back in three days so I pushed my arrival date in Sydney by a day to get my passport in time.

Harry was going to be back this weekend with his girlfriend, so we got to hang out again and I got to meet his girlfriend. We met at an awesome lounge bar/restaurant called "Ku De Ta" that overlooks the beach. Awesome place. I took a taxi to get to the restaurant, and he took me the long way, so I called him on it at the end of the ride and he was obviously lying. It's interesting - the Balinese will got out of their way to not hurt anyone but are very untrustworthy when it comes to business. We got this post-sunset pic in front of all the lounge chairs overlooking the beach - would be great to be here on a sunny day.

Later that night I got to meet Harry's girlfriend and we all went out to an awesome Italian restaurant in a huge open structure where you could hear the crashing waves. Another great pick by the H-man. Dinner was delicious, the company was excellent, and then we parted ways.

The last few days I was there it rained all day. Harry and his girlfriend decided to leave a couple of days early because of the weather. My last day in Bali was sunny so I went for a scenic walk on the beach and got some great pics of the sunset reflecting off of the beach. I was a bit disenchanted with Legian at this point because the Balinese constantly hassle tourists to buy stuff, there was trash all over the beach from being washed out during the rain, and I hadn't done much outside of the routine. The walk was a welcome experience - I saw a beach soccer match and got a couple of nice pics as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment